Celebrate Teachers! Fashion Show Set
for Saturday, May 2 at Stonebriar Centre
Teachers walk the runway; schools and school districts eligible for cash prizes
In recognition of National Teacher Appreciation Week May 4 to 8, Stonebriar Centre presents the second annual Celebrate Teachers! Fashion Show on Saturday, May 2. The event, which will be a salute to all teachers, will feature 18 teachers from six school districts, including Allen ISD, Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD, Frisco ISD, Lewisville ISD, Lovejoy ISD and Prosper ISD.
Frisco Education Foundation Partners in Education Program Director Allison Miller and Board Member Allen Biehl will emcee the Celebrate Teachers! Fashion Show, introducing the teachers as they walk the runway and enjoy the cheers of the crowd. The educators will wear select fashions from retailers at Stonebriar Centre including Altar’d State, Athleta, Bachrach, Banana Republic, The Buckle, Cotton On, Dillard’s, Forever 21, Gap, JCPenney, Lane Bryant, The Limited, Loft, Macy’s, Sassy Diva, Sears and White House/Black Market. Assisting with makeup and hair styling are Dior at Dillard’s; JCPenney Sephora; JCPenney Salon: Macy’s Lancôme, Nordstrom Bobbi Brown; Nordstrom Chanel; and Toni & Guy.
The Celebrate Teachers! Fashion Show will be begin at 2 p.m. on the lower level in the JCPenney and Dick’s Sporting Goods court. From 1 to 4 p.m., guests of all ages will be invited to sign in at the Celebrate Teachers! tables. The school that has the most number of signatures will receive a $2,000 cash prize from Stonebriar Centre and the corresponding school district will receive $1,000 from the center.
Teachers who will walk the runway include:
- Allen ISD: Tammy Beeks from Ereckson Middle School; Peyton DeLeon from Mary Evans Elementary School; and Patricia Doyle from Allen High School.
- Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD: Alexis Brittingham from R. L. Turner High School; Sabrina Pace from Newman Smith High School; and Suzanne Reese from Creekview High School.
- Frisco ISD: Amy Swiney from Bledsoe Elementary School; Monica Jackson from Anderson Elementary School and Laura Koenig from Stafford Middle School.
- Lewisville ISD: Nicole Jund from Creek Valley Middle School; Amy Malecki from Griffin Middle School; and LaShundra Wilson from BB Owen Elementary School.
- Lovejoy ISD: Stephanie Mann from Lovejoy Elementary School; Courtney Mann from Sloan Creek Intermediate School; and Brittany Scott from Lovejoy Elementary.
- Prosper ISD: Keith Grissom from Prosper High School; Joy Kidd from Rogers Middle School; and Jennifer Thorpe from Folsom Elementary School.
In addition to the Celebrate Teachers! announcement, at 1:30 p.m. on the lower level in the JCPenney and Dick’s Sporting Goods court, Frisco Mayor Maher Maso will present the winners in the Frisco Convention and Visitors Bureau 6th Annual You Be The Tour Guide amateur photography contest. There will be three prize winners in the adult category and three prize winners in the Frisco ISD student category. One overall grand prize winner in the student category will win a $500 Shop Etc. gift card from Stonebriar Centre and the photojournalism department of the Frisco ISD high school with the most entries will take home a $500 Shop Etc. gift card from Stonebriar Centre.
Become a fan of Stonebriar Centre on Facebook. Stonebriar Centre is located at Preston Road and SH 121 in Frisco. For directions to the shopping center, visit www.shopstonebriar.com or call (972) 668-6255.