Swing, batter batter! The Dallas Mavericks’ 7-foot hoops superstar will trade in his basketball garb for cleats and a glove as he makes his annual trip to the baseball diamond. Dirk Nowitzki’s 2016 Heroes Celebrity Baseball Game, presented by BaylorScott&White Medical Center – Frisco, is set for Friday, June 10, at 7 p.m. at the Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco (7300 RoughRiders Trl).
This is the 15th annual event, and Dirk’s 5th year to host. Money raised will benefit the children’s charities of the Dirk Nowitzki Foundation and the Heroes Foundation.
Gates to the Dr Pepper Ballpark will open at 5 p.m. The first pitch of the Heroes Special Olympics All-Star Softball Game will be thrown at 5:15 p.m. From 3-6:30 p.m. outside the ballpark, the CBS RADIO DFW Fan Fest will feature a bounce house, inflatable football toss, games, giveaways and more.
Nationally acclaimed singer, songwriter and Broadway performer Shayna Steele will perform the National Anthem.
At 7 p.m., the Heroes Celebrity Baseball Game will get underway as the Blue Sox and White Sox all-stars and amateurs vie for the game trophy, bragging rights and the coveted MVP award. Between innings, game goers can enjoy stunts, interactive activities and other family-fun crowd pleasers. In addition, a 10-minute fireworks finale sponsored by BaylorScott&White Medical Center – Frisco will follow the game.
Here is the line-up for this year’s game (players subject to change):
- Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks MVP and 2011 NBA champion)
- Dan Bailey (Dallas Cowboys kicker)
- Cole Beasley (Dallas Cowboys wide receiver)
- Dez Bryant (Dallas Cowboys wide receiver)
- Brice Butler (Dallas Cowboys wide receiver)
- Barry Church (Dallas Cowboys safety)
- La’el Collins (Dallas Cowboys offensive lineman)
- Tyrone Crawford (Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle)
- Lance Dunbar (Dallas Cowboys running back)
- Byron Jones (Dallas Cowboys defensive back)
- Darren McFadden (Dallas Cowboys running back)
- Mark Nzeocha (Dallas Cowboys linebacker)
- Tyron Smith (Dallas Cowboys offensive tackle)
- Devin Street (Dallas Cowboys wide receiver)
- Lucky Whitehead (Dallas Cowboys wide receiver)
- J.J. Wilcox (Dallas Cowboys safety)
- Terrance Williams (Dallas Cowboys wide receiver)
- Chace Crawford (Plano-raised actor of TV series Gossip Girl and Blood and Oil)
- Geoff Stults (actor of TV series The Odd Couple and upcoming movies Hey Brother and The Kicker)
- Justin Anderson (Dallas Mavericks guard)
- J.J. Barea (Dallas Mavericks guard)
- Rick Carlisle** (Dallas Mavericks head coach and 2011 NBA champion)
- Jeremy Evans (Dallas Mavericks forward)
- Raymond Felton (Dallas Mavericks guard)
- Devin Harris** (Dallas Mavericks point guard)
- David Lee (Dallas Mavericks forward)
- Wesley Matthews (Dallas Mavericks guard)
- JaVale McGee (Dallas Mavericks center)
- Salah Mejri (Dallas Mavericks center)
- Chandler Parsons (Dallas Mavericks forward)
- Dwight Powell (Dallas Mavericks forward)
- Charlie Villanueva (Dallas Mavericks forward)
- Deron Williams** (Dallas Mavericks point guard)
- Ryan Hollingshead (FC Dallas player)
- Chris Seitz (FC Dallas player)
- Walker Zimmerman (FC Dallas player)
- Heath Pearce (former professional soccer player and US national team member)
- David Murphy (former Texas Rangers player)
- Michael Young (former Texas Rangers player)
- Brian Cardinal (former Dallas Mavericks forward and 2011 NBA champion)
- Ben Grieve (former MLB outfielder)
- Jason Terry (Houston Rockets guard and former Dallas Mavericks player)
- Mike Bacsik (former MLB pitcher and current co-host of The G-Bag Nation on 105.3 The Fan)
- Jody Dean (host of Jody Dean & The Morning Team on 98.7 KLUV)
- Edward Egros (Fox 4 weekend sports anchor)
- Ben Rogers (co-host of The Ben & Skin Show on 105.3 The Fan)
- Jeff “Skin” Wade (co-host of The Ben & Skin Show on 105.3 The Fan and Dallas Mavericks TV analyst)
** will attend but not playing
Tickets are $9, $13, $17 and $20 and on sale at Ticketmaster (1-800-745-3000 or ticketmaster.com) or at the Dr Pepper Ballpark Box Office during office hours. Will call will open at 10 a.m. on Friday, June 10. Tickets also will be available at the door (if the event is not sold out).Parking for the general public will be available at Lots A, B, E and F for $10.
Partybulb.com will sponsor the private, pop-up pre-party, CLUB 41, held for players at an undisclosed surprise location in Dallas on the eve of the Heroes Celebrity Baseball Game. Partybulb.com owner Luke Zeutzius is excited to support local charities and highLIGHT Partybulb, which promises to "instantly transform any room into a party room!"
For more information, go to dnfoundation.org. Follow the Heroes Foundation on Facebook for the latest updates.