In the month of August, Williams-Sonoma at Stonebriar Centre is brimming with ideas for cooking up some end-of-summer flavors. Here’s the schedule:
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 11 AT 9:30 A.M.: CANNING – PICKLES & RELISHES. This Technique Class features a creative way to enjoy summer produce using pickled vegetables as side dishes, salads and more. Attendees also learn how to combine sweet and sour to make delicious recipes that are great accompaniments to grilled meats and cheeses. The class covers the basics: what pickling means, how to make pickling spice and how to create your own favorite flavors for relishes.
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 18 AT 9:30 A.M.: THE SUSSMAN BROTHERS SHAPE UP SHORT-ORDER COOKING. As the kids head back to school, cooks are preparing for the hustle and bustle of fall to begin. This class offers a jump start, offering ideas to make short-order cooking creative, fun and easy. Williams-Sonoma has partnered with Max and Eli Sussman, two up-and-coming young chefs who take an innovative approach to cooking. Class features inventive but simple recipes to help make the most of weeknight meal planning and provide contemporary inspiration for casual dining.
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 25 AT 9:30 A.M.: DIY GRINDING YOUR OWN GRAINS. Grinding grains is a simple process that provides many advantages. It’s economical and healthful and also inspires culinary creativity. Attendees learn how easy it is to grind grains at home and enjoy a variety of recipes from award-winning Chef Dan Barber of Blue Hill Restaurant, including gluten-free pancakes, creamy farina ‘risotto’ and more.
Participants enjoy 10% savings on select same-day store purchases. The classes are complimentary, but reservations are required and can be made by calling 972-712-9455 or at Williams-Sonoma, located on the lower level near the main entrance to Stonebriar Centre.
Three Saturday events in August benefit Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry™
Williams-Sonoma is partnering with Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry™ campaign, a national effort to end childhood hunger in America by connecting children with the nutritious food they need to leave healthy, active lives. Special events include:
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 11 FROM 12 TO 2 P.M. – KIDS’ 2ND ANNUAL “MARVEL”OUS COOKIE DECORATING EVENT. Kids invited to come decorate cookies from the retailer’s Marvel Comic Book bakeware collection. For $5, a child receives two sugar cookies to decorate and take home and enjoy. The $5 purchase is donated to Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign. Reservations recommended; space is limited. Call 972-712-9455.
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 18 from 12 to 1 p.m. – KIDS’ HANDS-ON COOKING CLASS – BREAKFAST. For $10 per child, kids will learn how to make English Muffin Pizza and Berries with Sweetened Yogurt. Williams-Sonoma experts will demonstrate how to make Crunchy Chewy Granola. The $10 fee donated is donated to Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign. Reservations recommended; space is limited. Call 972-712-9455.
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 25 from 12 to 1 p.m. – LUNCH & SNACKS. For $10 per child, kids will learn how to make Lunch Box Wraps and Baked Pita Chips, while a Williams-Sonoma expert prepares Cheddar and Cauliflower Soup. Reservations recommended; space is limited. Call 972-712-9455.
In addition to the activities, Williams-Sonoma donates a percentage of the sales of special products throughout the store to the No Kid Hungry campaign.
Stonebriar Centre is located at Preston Road and SH 121 in Frisco. For directions, visit www.shopstonebriar.com or call 972-668-6255.
Press release submitted by Sunny McKinnon for Stonebriar Centre